This year in science class we will be studying Biology. We will focus the first semester on cellular biology including ecology cell structure and function, photosynthesis, cellular respiration and mitosis.
Ch 9 review due today-1-10 12- 22 even 26-29 all
Cellular respiration review packet due today
Ch 9 test
know all terms
know formulas for cell. respiration, lactic acid fermentation and alcoholic fermentation
know the Kreb's Cycle and the ETC
list the 3 main stages of cell. respiration in order
what are the 2 types of fermentation how do their products differ
what role does oxygen play in the ETC
what 3 sources of ATP does your body use during a long aerobic exercise session
list the main events of gylocoysis how many ATP molecules are produced and consumed by glycolysis what does the effect of the presence of oxygen have on the events that follow glycolysis
compare lactic acid fermentation with alcoholic fermentation where does each process occur what are the products of each process
identify the electron carriers of cell, respiration discuss the relationship between the electron carriers and the ETC
explain how high energy electrons are used by the ETC
which pathways does the body use to release energy during exercise discuss the pathways in terms of a footrace.
test will be handed back today resubmits are due on Tuesday
Frog tuizzes will be handed back resubmits due on Thursday!!
section 9-1 due on Wednesday
Quiz on fermentation
Frog is colored by class today!
We will be working on the frogs all week. All the discussion questions and labeled diagrams are due on Thursday.
We will be having a frog assessment on Friday.
STUDY GUIDE FOR FROG QUEST FRIDAY
1.Trace the path of food through the frog. Explain the function of each organ?
2. The mesentery is full of arteries and veins and is attached to the stomach and small intestine. What is the purpose of the mesentery?
3. The frog had only very small teeth called maxillary teeth and 2 larger teeth called vomerine teeth. Why are the teeth of the frog so small?
4. Describe the coloration of the frog on both the ventral and dorsal side. Why do you think the frog coloration is the way it is?
5. How many chambers does the frog’s heart have? Name them. Trace the path of blood from the heart to the lungs and to the rest of the body. ( You can use your textbook for help).
6. The coronary artery is attached to the outside of the heart. What purpose does it serve? What would happen if there was a blockage in the artery?
7. The kidneys were also covered in blood vessels. Why? What is the purpose of the kidneys? Explain why it is so dangerous if the kidneys are not functioning properly.
8. Frogs are amphibians explain 3 adaptations that allow the frogs to live on the land and 3 adaptations for the frog to live in the water.
9. We described the frogs as slimy? What purpose does this “sliminess” serve the frog?
10. Be able to label all the diagrams-without a word bank.